Welcome to Business advertising


Monday, May 7, 2007

 

Making Money Through Advertisements Online

The internet has truly revolutionised the way we work nowadays. I'm sure many of us are on the computer almost daily, using it to check our emails, surf the web for information, using it as a medium to conduct business ... The list of uses is expanding even as I write. Even "google" is now more than a pronoun. It has become a verb - eg. I googled for information about making money.
Take a quick look at some of the advertisements by google, especially those articles on money. I'm sure you will see a few advertising ways of making money easily online, enthusiastically claiming that one can make hundreds or even thousands in a day, just from home. To be honest, at first glance, I was sure they were just scams, making money from people who bought the "money-making products" off them.
I actually checked out one of them called Affiliate Project X that I happened to chance upon while surfing the net one day. I'm embarrassed to admit I was totally convinced by the advertisement on the website and bought it immediately. Of course once I'd calmed down and swallowed my pride and actually read the material, I realised there is probably money to be made. I've always grown up with the word money being prefixed by the words "hard-earned". This tended to cloud my thinking. I felt any claims that money can be made easily had to be scams. I've also read books written by very rich people who keep saying money is just an idea. And maybe it is.
The way I understand it, there are many people out there who are very keen to sell their products online. This immediately widens the customer base. No longer do companies need to only consider local buyers. Potentially, the sky's the limit now, and all this at the click of a mouse. But the sellers still need places in which to advertise their products. Much like an advertisement showing during your favourite TV programme. The more popular the programme, the likelier the advertisement will be seen. The more relevant the programme, the likelier the audience has already been pre-sold to the product.
It seems logical that in the same way advertisers are happy to pay for advertising time on TV programmes, or movies, so they would similarly be willing to pay for advertisements to be placed on websites - potentially one of ours. I do believe that perhaps the rich are right - that money is really a concept, and that there is plenty of money out there, just waiting for people to find it and make it their own. That's a big jump in thinking for me, someone who has always been used to the idea that money comes in in exchange for my giving of my time and energy to my job. Maybe it's time for a re-think in the way we view money.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]